Find What You Need: Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 November 2011

I'm BACK!!!!

I was walking back home. Well, skipping, actually, (i had gotten full marks on a test) when, out of the blue, literally, a small, dark shape came careening down from the sky, breaking up my everyday routine, though I did not know it, forever. As it fell, I thought. I was in an enclosed bubble. Time stood still. And slowly, slowly, I came to a conclusion. I would save that falling object. And it was small. It would not crush me, or pin me beneath it's pitiful body. I would save it. As I lay, trying to get to sleep that night, I wondered why. I had not know that I would soon hold a living, breathing creature, or that the same creature would be curled up in my arms later that evening; large, fleshy fingers against small, delicate wings. All that I had known was that I could not let that small object lie broken on the ground, heart as faint as a butterfly's wings, doomed to be no longer part of the world, when I could have been there, cradling a small baby bird in my arms.


Anna
P.S. This is fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment